Over 35 years (first network implementation in 1983) in network design and implementation.
Networking experience in Corvus Systems Omninet, Novell ShareNet and NetWare 1.x through 3.x, and, for the last 20+ years, IP routing and switching, primarily (although not exclusively) on Cisco equipment.
Extensive experience overseeing the design and implementation of structured cabling systems.
Created and maintain an application to automate standard, repeatable, network designs (templates) including drawings, equipment lists, and full device configurations that is used by a large team of network engineers working on a huge network of 10,000+ sites, from very small to very large.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
166 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Network EngineeringMod 88.8k 88.8k 2424 gold badges9898 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 5.3k 5.3k 44 gold badges2222 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Super User 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Server Fault 3k 3k 11 gold badge88 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Literature 201 201 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 167 Why are IPv4 addresses running out?
- 51 Why does the IPv6 header not include a checksum?
- 45 Does UDP do anything at all?
- 34 How can I stop an intruder plugging into an Ethernet wall socket getting access to the network?
- 33 Why is the CAM table in a switch called CAM table and not MAC table even though it holds MAC addresses?
- 32 Is the IPv6 case sensitive
- 31 Is serial port a 'male' or 'female'?
- View more network posts →