I started working in the Internet industry in 1995, when I helped to start up Computel Standby BV. I supported Computel while I was a student at Universiteit Twente. Computel started in Apeldoorn (NL) as a small ISP, started the Nederland.net foundation, and has grown into a server management company with its own small datacenter.
I became a RIPE Address Policy Working Group chair in May 2007, mostly because I am interested in the future of the Internet and I like to participate in things I think are important.
In May 2008 I left Computel and started working for Max.nl, which is a web application development company. In March 2010 I started my own company. I am focusing on internet infrastructure related subjects such as IPv6, routing and security. Since October 2010 I have been doing IPv6 related projects exclusively.
Member for 7 years, 4 months
2 profile views
Last seen Jun 18 '17 at 13:48
- Stack Overflow 8k 8k 2626 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Server Fault 6.9k 6.9k 1414 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Network Engineering 6.6k 6.6k 1818 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Super User 4.2k 4.2k 1212 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 2.2k 2.2k 1313 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 89 Why do I get multiple global IPv6 addresses listed in ifconfig?
- 82 Why do we need IPv6?
- 46 Python - email header decoding UTF-8
- 42 How to disable ipv6 on a specific interface in linux?
- 38 How do you make IPV6 default in Chrome for MAC?
- 37 Multiple devices with one IPv6 to the Internet?
- 30 New service decision: IPv6 or IPv4?
- View more network posts →