Server and network admin since I was in high school. That was a long time ago.
Experience with several Linux distros, initially LAMP, currently all kinds of applications. My experience includes not only front-end (OS, switching, routing and firewalling), but also the backend like virtualization (VMware), storage, SAN and backup. Monitoring with Nagios and Icinga. Recent admirer of the ELK stack.
I like the challenge and the diversification of spending time at any of those layers whenever necessary. Don't tell me to go sit in a corner and manage a DNS server for the rest of my life.
Experience with mail services, issue trackers like Jira and OTRS, tools like MediaWiki, etc. etc. Also had to endure Windows application packaging using some obscure tools. Performed helpdesk tasks as a student.
Member for 7 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jul 28 '16 at 13:32
- Server Fault 2.8k 2.8k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Network Engineering 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 696 696 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 581 581 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 569 569 77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 53 Fibre channel long distance woes
- 39 Why and how are Ethernet Vlans tagged?
- 15 VLAN tags not shown in packet capture (Linux) via tcpdump
- 14 Troubleshooting low Metro Ethernet TCP throughput
- 12 Why didn’t the Universal Translator work in at least one direction in Star Trek VI?
- 10 Detect base64 encoding in PHP?
- 8 where is memory gone (no, not buffers or cache)
- View more network posts →